Specialty Occupations (H-1B Visas)

San Antonio H-1B Visa Attorneys

Assisting Employees And Employers With Temporary Work Visas

If you have been hired by a U.S.-based employer and your job is considered to be a specialty occupation - typically one requiring specialized knowledge in a particular area - under U.S. immigration law, you may be eligible to enter and work in the country on an H-1B visa.

At Trevino Immigration Law, our San Antonio H-1B visa lawyers assist both employees and employers with the H-1B visa application process. We can advise you on whether you are eligible for an H-1B visa and, if so, whether it is the right visa for your immigration goals.

Helping Foreign Workers Take The First Step Toward U.S. Residency

An H-1B visa is a temporary work visa available to members of specialty occupations. Examples of such occupations include engineering, biotechnology, medicine, education, law and accounting. In most cases, a bachelor's degree or its equivalent is required.

An H-1B visa is a dual intent visa, which means that, though it is a nonimmigrant visa, it is available to people who plan to apply for lawful permanent residency (green card status).

For members of specialty occupations, this is normally accomplished with an EB-3 visa. Since the processing times for EB-3 visas can be quite long, an H-1B visa - which is typically approved within 90 days - is often a beneficial first step toward a green card.

Texas Lawyers Helping Clients In Specialty Occupations Get Visas

Our experienced immigration attorneys can advise you on whether your occupation is eligible for H-1B status and guide you through the application process. To schedule a free consultation to discuss how we can assist you, please contact us at 210-544-5105 or by email.