The Stokes interview is one step in the process of determining whether or not your green card marriage is legitimate or a sham. Therefore, interviewees can expect that some of the questions will be quite granular and very personal.
It is natural to feel nervous going into the interview. But since the USCIS official conducting the interview is trained to detect signs of deception, you should try to present as calm a demeanor as possible. Below is some important information about the Stokes interview process.
Common questions asked in the Stokes interview
You can expect the interviewer to ask typical questions about how the two of you met and how your relationship began. They might ask you to describe your first date and other things about the start of your relationship. Below are some of the more personal questions you could face in your Stokes interview:
- What do you eat for breakfast?
- Who cooks your breakfast?
- How many TVs are in the home?
- What kind of soap, shampoo and toothpaste do you use?
- Where are your toothbrushes kept?
- Do you use birth control? What type?
- What side of the bed do the two of you sleep on?
- What time do both of you get up in the morning?
- Do you watch TV or read before going to bed?
- Who goes to sleep first at night?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- Do you have pets? What are their names?
As you can see, some of those questions may seem (and are) intrusive. That’s because they are designed to weed out those who are involved in sham marriages and prevent them from getting green card status.
The immigration process can be quite complex. It is best to learn all that you can about this process before beginning your application for a green card.