Get A Green Card Through Parole In Place (PIP)

U.S. immigration law was modified as of 2013 to allow noncitizen spouses, parents and unmarried minor children of U.S. citizen members of any branch of the U.S. military (past or present) to qualify for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status even if they unlawfully entered the U.S. originally.

If you qualify, you may apply for parole in place by first filing Form I-131 (Application for Travel Document). At Trevino Immigration Law in San Antonio, we will help you determine if you are eligible for PIP and help you gather evidence before filing Form I-131. Once you have received approval for PIP, you may file a visa petition and an adjustment of status application at the same time.

PIP allows you to navigate the application process much quicker than if you would apply for green card status outside of PIP approval.

Am I Eligible For Parole In Place?

Generally, immigrant spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21 and parents of members of the U.S. military are eligible for PIP approval, but more precise requirements include immediate relation to:

  • An active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • A current member of the Selected Reserve or the Ready Reserve
  • A person who has served in the U.S. Armed Forces, Selected Reserve or Ready Reserve in the past, including deceased service members who died while on active duty

Applying For Adjustment Of Status In Texas

Once you have been approved for PIP, you may file an application for permanent residency and adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident.

It is important to consult an immigration lawyer and gain legal representation that you can depend on throughout this complex process. There are many barriers to entry and risks of removal, including, but not limited to criminal history, prior deportation, tax issues and minor mistakes in the application process.

There are also many factors that can increase your chances of eligibility for both PIP and LPR.

Get An Initial Consultation At Trevino Immigration Law

Please contact us online or call us at 210-544-5105 to schedule an initial consultation with attorney Trevino. We protect your rights and personally guide you through the entire process.

Hablamos español.