Removing Conditions Of Residence – Form I-751

Immigration applications are meant to protect both U.S. citizens and immigrants. Unfortunately, that makes for a very complex system of filings, review, appeals and court hearings. No aspect of immigration law is as straightforward as it may seem, but with the right lawyer as your guide and advocate, the process of getting lawful permanent resident (LPR) status can be simplified.

Straightforward Guidance Through A Complex System

At Trevino Immigration Law, in San Antonio, we offer one-on-one service and our guidance through the process. Your success in removing conditions of residence is important to us, and your attorney will remain your advocate throughout the process.

You Must Apply Within 90 Days Of Your Green Card’s Expiration Date

Your conditional residency expires two years from the date that it was issued. Under most circumstances, converting your conditional residency to permanent residency requires that you apply jointly with your spouse through whom you obtained conditional resident status. Failure to do so will likely result in deportation or removal from the U.S. It is critical that you begin the application process as soon as possible.

We will help you review eligibility criteria for permanent residency, gather evidence of eligibility, meet deadlines and obligations, and discuss whether you qualify for any exceptions to the timetable.

Generally, you are eligible for permanent residency if you are still married to the same U.S. citizen or LPR after two years in the U.S., but there are other exceptions made for widowers, children, some divorced people and battered spouses. Please let us know right away if you might fit in any of these categories.

How Do Children Apply For Permanent Resident Status?

If your child was granted conditional permanent resident status on the same day of your own approval for conditional residency, he or she can be included in your Form I-751 application. If your child’s status was granted after or before your approval, he or she will be required to file a separate Form I-751.

We can help prepare your child’s application and work to protect both of your immigrant statuses in the U.S.

Get Reliable, Result-Oriented Service From Our Attorneys In Texas

Schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys today. Please contact us online or call us at 210-544-5105.

Hablamos español.