Getting A Spouse Visa (K-3) In Texas

If you live in Texas and would like to sponsor your spouse for a green card, you need to be either a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder). You will need to make sure that you avoid costly mistakes in the application process and have all necessary supporting documents in order.

Mistakes and missing documents can cause your application to be delayed for months, stranding your spouse with no certain timeline for approval.

Working with a dependable and efficient lawyer from the beginning can help you avoid uncertainty, save time and prevent extra expense in the process.

At Trevino Immigration Law, in San Antonio, we take the time to understand our clients’ needs and goals. Attorney David Trevino has dedicated our firm to immigration law exclusively for over 14 years, and family-based immigration is our specialty. We walk each of our clients through the process of securing a spouse visa whether through the stateside immigration system or through the U.S. consular office in your spouse’s home country.

How Do You File For A Spouse Visa?

A U.S. citizen in the U.S. will file Form I-130 (petition for alien relative) and Form I-485 on behalf of his or her spouse to apply to register the spouse as a lawful permanent resident.

A lawful permanent resident (LPR) in the U.S. will file Form I-130 and then Form I-485 once a visa number is available.

If you are a U.S. citizen or LPR outside of the U.S., you must file a Form I-130 for consular processing, and the consulate or embassy will provide notification and processing information. Again, LPRs must wait for approval and until a visa is available before the process can move forward.

If you have children or your spouse has children from another marriage who wish to immigrate on a K-4 visa, there are many additional steps and qualifications necessary to achieve your goals.

The number of supporting documents necessary for your spouse and for children immigrating to the U.S. is extensive and all documents must be authenticated by the U.S. consular office or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Let Us Help You Get Your Family To Texas Efficiently

We will simplify the process and work to relieve you of all burdens. Please contact us online or call us at 210-544-5105 to schedule an initial consultation with attorney Trevino. Get the reliable legal help you need.

Hablamos español.